The KEF Q950 floor standing speaker is largest of the Q 2017 Series floor standing speakers. The New Q950 boasts a revamped Unit-Q driver array with a New damped tweeter loading tube designed to smooth out treble frequencies. The Q950 also Features New internal upgrades for its low-frequency drivers, including New surrounds and rear suspension, for immaculate bass no matter the volume. The Q950 greatly benefit from a New closed box midrange cabinet, which helps increase clarity and delivers a cleaner, punchier bass. The floor standing speakers also feature an altered mid-bass driver, which improves midrange clarity and produces a more natural bass roll-off between drivers for a more natural sound. The Q950 is available in sleek matte Black and white vinyl finishes. Grilles for the Q950 are sold separately.
- The KEF Q950 floor standing speaker is the newest iteration of KEF award-winning Q Series. The Q950 features a redesigned cabinet, sleek New finishes, and an improved Unit-Q driver Array.
- The Q950 contains an enhanced Unit-Q driver Array designed to smooth out treble frequencies, and reimagined crossovers to provide cleaner and more accurate bass.
- The Q950 features New internal upgrades for its low-frequency drivers, including New Surrounds and rear Suspension, for immaculate bass no matter the volume.
- The Q950 features an 8” Unit-Q driver Array, one 8” bass driver, and two 8” auxiliary bass radiators.
- The Q950 is available in sleek matte Black and white vinyl finishes.
Detailed and Even Sound Image
The reimagined Q Series is defined by the Uni-Q driver array. The smart innovation places the tweeter in the acoustic centre of the midrange and bass cone, bringing the acoustic ideal of a single point source closer than ever to realisation.
As a result, you can enjoy a more detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room, a feature not found in conventional speakers. Uni-Q’s ultra-wide dispersion is further enhanced through KEF’s ‘tangerine’ waveguide over the tweeter dome.
Pristine Bass Performance
A new low-distortion inductor on the crossover provides cleaner bass. Lower treble performance is improved dramatically thanks to the addition of the damped tweeter loading tube which provides a soft finish to sound produced from the back of the tweeter.
Enhanced Midrange Clarity
The closed box midrange cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midrange cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering a cleaner, punchier bass.
Midrange clarity is further improved through enhancements to the mid-bass driver, allowing the DC blocking capacitor to be eliminated. Its removal also creates a more natural bass roll-off between the drivers.