Enjoy multi-channel sound, Dolby, DTS, and Auro-3D height channel support, 4K UHD video upscaling, and a variety of wireless and wired connectivity options with the Marantz SR7012 9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver. It features a 9-channel discrete amplifier design that can deliver up to 125W per channel at 8 Ohms. The Audyssey Platinum calibration suite is onboard to help you tailor the sound of the receiver and connected speakers to your listening environment with the included setup microphone. Built-In Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D support give you the ability to add front height channels for a more immersive audio experience.
The SR7012 can connect wirelessly via integrated Bluetooth, AirPlay, and Wi-Fi to your compatible devices. An Ethernet port is also available for wired Internet connectivity. The receiver also features a number of wired connectivity options, including eight HDMI, three component video, four composite video, two digital coaxial, and two optical inputs. It has three HDMI outputs, one component video, and two composite video outputs for video playback in up to three zones. The receiver will even upscale lower-resolution video sources to near-4K resolution for use with your compatible 4K display.
- Dolby Atmos Built-In
- Dolby’s Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. The SR7012 features the ability to connect a 5.1-channnel surround sound speaker system and four additional overhead speakers or four additional Dolby Atmos elevation speakers. Thanks to the 11-channel processing capability, you can just add an external 2-channel amplifier and even enjoy a 7.1.4 Atmos experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding and Dolby Surround Upmixing, the SR7012 also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies.
- DTS:X Built-In
- Like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace and provides for overhead speakers to deliver an enhanced surround sound experience.
- Auro-3D Compatibility
- This receiver supports Auro-3D surround sound with height channels, allowing it to decode the original Auro-3D mix and play it back in an Auro 10.1-channel configuration (with an external amplifier, sold separately).
- Built-In Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
- Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR7012 is equipped with a dual-antenna RF transceiver system for reliable streaming even in congested wireless environments. Connect to the Internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the Ethernet port) and enjoy your favorite tracks from streaming music services, thousands of Internet radio stations, or from your local drives such as NAS. With Apple AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad.
- HEOS for Wireless Multi-Room Audio
- With built-in HEOS technology, the SR7012 will allow you to enjoy and control your favorite music anywhere around your home with free HEOS app and additional optional HEOS-equipped speakers. Play the same song perfectly synchronized in party mode or a different song in every room. The HEOS app allows you to stream from services including Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn Internet radio, Amazon Music Unlimited, iHeartRadio, Sirius XM, SoundCloud, Tidal, Napster, or Deezer, or from your compatible phone, USB stick, or local drive/NAS on the same network.
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Download free Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app from the Apple app store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store for control of the receiver as well as access to your receiver’s setup menu for detailed adjustments from your phone or tablet. The app also gives you quick access to the receiver’s status display, option menus, Marantz Blu-ray player control, and online owner’s manual for your convenience. With queue management, you can browse and add new tracks to your playlist on the fly.
- High-Resolution Audio Compatibility
- The SR7012 lets you discover the enhanced fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192 kHz AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files, as well as DSD 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front-panel USB port and network sources, plus other popular file types such as MP3.
- Smart TV Connectivity
- Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality in your Smart TV, you may be able to control your Marantz receiver with the Smart TV’s remote control. With “HDMI control” set to ON in your receiver, you can set “Smart Menu” to ON to start controlling your Marantz receiver with your Smart TV’s remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the receiver’s setup menu, and four Smart Selects.
- HDMI 2.0a Connectivity, HDCP 2.2-Compatible, ISF-Certified
- Prepared for the future, the SR7012 features a video section that’s fully compatible with HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the SR7012 is ready for Ultra HD Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the SR7012 features a suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician) along with ISF Day and ISF Night video modes. Also, the video processor has the ability to transcode and upconvert standard definition and high definition analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. The SR7012 features eight HDMI inputs, including one on the front panel, and three HDMI outputs – two for the main zone, and one for the second zone.
- 9-Channel Discrete Amplifier with ECO Mode
- The SR7012 features a power amplifier section with all nine channels configured identically, employing discrete high-current-capable power transistors. Each channel is rated at 125W (at 8 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.05% THD) and is able to safely drive lower impedance speakers down to 4 Ohms. Its ECO mode adjusts power consumption according to signal level and there’s an on-screen Eco Mode display that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
- Audyssey Platinum DSP Suite
- Equipped with the Audyssey Platinum suite of DSP algorithms, the SR7012 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker’s output (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates digital filters designed to optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialog, music, and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides tonal tailoring for full-range clarity at any nearly listening level. Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup for deeper bass with enhanced definition compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
- The SR7012 supports the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, which allows you to view and customize the sound more precisely to your room and tailor the sound to your personal preferences. It allows you to view the speaker detection results, view the before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, edit the resulting Audyssey curve for each channel pair, adjust the overall EQ frequency rolloff for each channel pair, and adjust the target sound curve high-frequency rolloff. The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app is available for purchase from the Apple app store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- With a single subwoofer, optimum placement within the room for the best bass response isn’t always possible. Depending on the location, bass response at the main listening position can be uneven with audible peaks and dips. With two subwoofers positioned in different locations, response averaging evens out the low bass range for more accurate bass anywhere in the listening area.
- Multi-Source/Multi-Room Capable
- You can enjoy your favorite movie in the main room while others enjoy stereo sound from different sources in two other rooms. The SR7012 is equipped with speaker connections as well as pre-amp outputs for a second zone and third zone. There’s also a dedicated HDMI output for second zone audio and video so you can have two different video sources in two different rooms at the same time.
- Front-Panel USB Port
- You can connect a USB drive and listen to MP3 or WAV files, among others. The SR7012 also features high resolution audio file compatibility, including DSD (5.6 MHz) and FLAC lossless decoding up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals
- The speaker terminals feature multi-way connection capability to handle a number of speaker cable terminations, including banana plugs. They’re also color-coded for correct hookup the first time, and color-coded speaker cable labels are included.
- Easy-to-Use Smart Select Functions
- There are four Smart Select function buttons on the front panel and the remote control. These let you choose your favorite sources and each one remembers your preferred sound mode for that source.
- Designed for Easy Setup and Use
- Featuring a graphical on-screen display that’s designed to be easy to understand, the SR7012 guides you through the setup process to help ensure the right configuration the first time. The Setup Assistant and the included Quick Start guide together provide easy setup guidance, optimizing critical settings for the best possible sound quality with your particular equipment configuration.
- External Control Capabilities
- The SR7012 is equipped with a range of features that provide enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with third party and custom integration solutions. For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the SR7012 features an IR (infrared) remote control input and output on the rear panel along with dual 12V trigger outputs. It can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network with IP control, either via a wired LAN connection or a Wi-Fi connection. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the SR7012 is equipped with an RS-232C serial port. The receiver also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) and Crestron Connected certification for integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
- Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)
- The internal circuitry is designed to enhance audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the HDAMs in Current Feedback topology before they reach the speakers. Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology provides augmented low-noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration. Furthermore, the technology provides a fast slew rate for a wideband response and high dynamic range to deliver optimized sound quality with high resolution audio formats.
- eARC Object-Based Audio Support via Future Firmware Update
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports object-based audio from your display to the receiver. With the SR7012, you can enjoy Dolby Atmos or DTS:X from your display’s apps with a single HDMI connection. eARC is scheduled to be made available via a future firmware update.
- Additional Features
- Designed for identical quality and power for all nine discrete channels
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume for real-time volume adjustment
- Optimized Bass redirection for powerful bass performance in configurations without a subwoofer
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Horizontal, color-coded layout of speaker terminals for easy connection
- Label sheet for marking speaker wires & HDMI cables
- Includes IR remote control
- Setup Assistant and the Advanced Graphical User Interface guide you through the setup process
- Marantz AVR Remote app for iOS, Android, and Kindle
- Four Smart Select buttons can be used to store favorite sources, Internet radio stations, and preferred settings
- Standby HDMI pass-through
- Auto Standby
- Low standby power consumption at 0.2 W
- Smart TV connectivity
The versatile Marantz AV8805 pre-amplifier redefines audiophile home cinema and music listening with an unprecedented 13.2 channel processing capability, and supports virtually any high-resolution multichannel audio format. Immerse yourself in three-dimensional audio with the latest surround formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X or Auro-3D. Enjoy enhanced audio quality supported by our proprietary current feedback and HDAM technology that passes signals through 15.2 channel XLR or 15.2 RCA outputs. Stream music throughout your home with HEOS multi-room listening and full wireless connectivity through the HEOS app or Amazon Alexa Voice Control, supported by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Apple Airplay. With the Marantz AV8805, you get incredible fidelity and unparalleled audio precision.Key Features
- 13.2 channel processing with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs and flexible pre-amplifier stages — ideal for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- Enjoy immersive, three-dimensional sound with the latest surround formats including Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.6 or 9.1.4), DTS:X and Auro-3D (up to 13.1)
- High-performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels provide the highest resolution for music and movies
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ deliver equalization to best suit your listening environment
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support offer improved network stability even in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- Listen from any room of your home with HEOS wireless music streaming technology and the HEOS app
- Ultimate visual quality with 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) functionality via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Eight HDMI inputs, including one on the front, with full HDCP 2.2 support, plus three HDMI outputs (zones), plenty of inputs for your digital devices and the ability to support different video in different rooms
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling for legacy video sources, plus full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Stream music from AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL and more via the HEOS app
- Network music streaming supported via DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAVsupport for high-resolution, Hi-Fi listening
- Installation and operation are seamless with the Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote app
The 13.2 channel AV8805 with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs provide a flexible yet detailed pre-amplifier stage for the advanced home cinema enthusiast. Enjoy it with acoustically matching Marantz MM series power amplifiers, like the MM8077, and immerse yourself in three-dimensional audio provided by the latest integrated surround formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D. Auro-3D will be enabled via a future firmware update at no additional charge. Marantz proprietary HDAM technology combines matched-precision discrete circuit elements with ultra-wide-end response for a wider soundstage and refined musical reproduction while built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi streaming and HEOS support, plus Apple AirPlay compatibility, let you stream and enjoy your favorite audio wirelessly.Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
The Marantz AV8805 is future-compatible, with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight HDMI inputs. AV8805 supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through on every input. It is compatible with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Dolby Vision compatibility, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), new HDR format for broadcasting and pass-through capability are also supported.Dolby Atmos
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos with object-based audio formatting that creates a truly immersive listening experience. Enjoy a 7.1 surround sound speaker system and six additional overhead speakers or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.DTS:X
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favorite movies.Auro-3D
By fully immersing the listener in life-like sound, Auro-3D provides a more encapsulating surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels in addition to the regular channels. Auro-3D will be enabled via future firmware update at no additional charge.HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
Featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AV8805 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. Plus, with Apple AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listening to your favorite audio content wirelessly from your iOS devices such as an iPhone or iPad.HEOS: Your Perfect Solution for Wireless Multi-Room Music Streaming
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favorite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room, or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Also works with Amazon Alexa, providing cutting-edge voice control and incredible sound for all of your home entertainment. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn Internet radio, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components like the HEOS speaker range or other HEOS-capable receivers, you can play all your music in one room or many.HEOS + Amazon Alexa
Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled AV Receiver. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
Re-designed from the ground up, the Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app gives you unprecedented control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers, from iOS and Android phones and tablets. Along with many new features, the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled: control power, volume, input and settings, or switch to the HEOS app to access an incredible range of music content and streaming services, all with full HEOS wireless multi-room control.Hi-Res Audio
The AV8805 lets you discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources. Or, listen to other popular file types such as MP3.Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels
The Marantz AV8805 features premium grade AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels and XLR input and outputs. There’s a balanced XLR stereo input that’s assignable as well as 15.2 balanced XLR outputs, which includes the two subwoofer outputs, front height/width outputs and overhead channels. This extensive balanced XLR compatibility ensures high-end performance in the home and the studio, while 15.2 pre-outs (RCA jacks) provide additional compatibility with multiple power amplifier types.High-Grade Audio Components
The AV8805 features the latest Marantz proprietary HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of matched-precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board along with ultra-wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for an open soundstage with refined detail reproduction.Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AV8805 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker’s output (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Plus, the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app lets you view and adjust settings for detailed tuning and customize the sound more precisely to your room and tastes.The Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The AV8805 supports the brand-new Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. Go ‘under the hood’, view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
- View the speaker detection results, to check correct installation.
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems.
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes.
- Adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair.
- Switch between 2 high frequency rolloff target curves.
- Enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother.
- Save and load calibration results.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS, is available for purchase from the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.External Control Capabilities
For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the AV8805 features an IR (infrared) remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with dual 12V trigger outputs. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the AV8805 features an RS-232C serial port with Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) and Crestron Connected certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.Dual Subwoofer Outputs
A single subwoofer demands optimal placement to avoid audible peaks and dips in the low-frequency response at the main listening position. The AV8805 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these will even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the room.Multi-source/Multi-room
Whatever your family’s entertainment needs, the AV8805 delivers: you can enjoy 13.2-channel surround sound in the main room, and at the same time play stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house. There are versatile configuration options thanks to the 13 channel processing capability.Smart TV Connectivity
The Marantz AV8805 may be controlled with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the AV8805 with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR’s setup menu and four Smart Selects.Simple Smart Select Functions
The AV8805 has four Smart Select buttons on the remote control: each stores a preferred setup – input, volume and Audyssey configuration – for a particular source. Push one button and the AV8805 can be perfectly configured for anything, from Blu-ray or your TV set-top box to your favorite Internet radio station.Easy To Setup,
Easy To Use
For easy installation, the AV8805’s clear graphical on-screen display has an exclusive Setup Assistant, combining with the Quick Start guide to provide guidance and optimize critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.More than 60 Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the AV8805 carries on our long tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.