Call us at 1-888-450-3050 for Pre-order, Available mid-Oct
JVC Announces World’s First 8K e-shift Home Theater Projector;
New Native 4K Projector Line
New DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000 features 8K e-shift technology
SAN DIEGO, September 6, 2018 — JVC today announced a new line of D-ILA projectors that features the company’s newest native 4K D-ILA device and includes the world’s first 8K e-shift home theater projector.
The new line is comprised of six projectors to be available in October 2018. They are the Procision Series DLA-NX9, DLA-NX7, DLA-NX5 and the Reference Series DLA-RS3000, DLA-RS2000 and DLA-RS1000. The DLA-NX9 and DLA-RS3000 with 8K e-shift technology and 100mm diameter high resolution glass lens deliver 8K images that rival reality. The DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000 and DLA-NX5/DLA-RS1000 incorporate the latest 4K D-ILA device and a 65mm diameter glass lens to reproduce smooth, detailed 4K imagery.
World’s First 8K e-shift
Home Theater Projector
Home Theater Projector
Home Theater Projector
- In 2016, JVC launched the highly acclaimed flagship DLA-RS4500 equipped with a 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA device. Since then, 4K content such as UHD Blu-ray, 4K streaming, and 4K broadcasting has become widely available.
- The new DLA-NX9 and DLA-RS3000 are equipped with 8K e-shift technology and are the world’s first home theater projectors that achieve 8K display*. In addition to detailed imagery exceeding 4K, they also combine high brightness, high contrast, wide color gamut, and create stunningly realistic images.
- The DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000 and DLA-NX5/DLA-RS1000 are high quality native 4K models that deliver high contrast and excellent color in addition to 4K resolution for users who demand the best 4K quality for movie reproduction.
1. High definition video exceeding 4K with 8K e-shift technology (DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000)
JVC’s e-shift is proprietary high resolution display technology that quadruples the resolution by shifting pixels diagonally 0.5 pixel. In the DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000, e-shift technology together with native 4K D-ILA devices produce an 8K image on the screen. The 8K e-shift image provides much higher resolution than 4K to deliver beautifully realistic images, even on large screens. Also, by using JVC’s own Multiple Pixel Control high resolution technology, full HD and 4K images are also converted to high-definition 8K images*.
JVC’s newest 0.69-inch native 4K D-ILA device with 3.8 µm-pixel pitch achieves a high resolution display of 8.8 million pixels (4096 x 2160 pixels), and with improved planarization technique, which reduces light scattering and light diffraction, delivers improved brightness and black level compared to a conventional device. The narrow pitch provides native 4K imagery with a smooth, detailed picture without any visible pixel structure, even on large screens.
3. High resolution 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens with full aluminum lens barrel (DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000)
The DLA-NX9/DLA-RS-3000 is equipped with a high resolution 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens with full aluminum lens barrel. To ensure high resolution to every corner of the screen while offering a wide shift range of +/-100% vertical, +/-43% horizontal, a 100mm diameter lens was selected. In addition, five special low dispersion lenses that account for the different refractive index of red, green and blue have been adopted to suppress chromatic aberration, bleeding and other anomalies, and faithfully reproduce the 8K resolution.
4. New Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image
The HDR10 mastering information MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) / MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) varies greatly depending on content. Therefore, in order to achieve the best HDR10 experience it is necessary to set the appropriate brightness settings for each piece of programming. The new Auto Tone Mapping function in the new projectors automatically adjusts settings based on the mastering information. Various HDR images with different brightness can be viewed optimally without manual adjustment of the settings. In cases where content does not contain mastering information, a fixed value will be set or it can be manually adjusted.
5. Compatible with HDR technology to dramatically improve picture quality
HDR content offers a substantial improvement in image quality with its expanded luminance range, wide color gamut such as BT2020, 10 bit gradation, and other enhancements. A high performing, high precision projector is required for accurate image reproduction of HDR content. The new JVC D-ILA projectors faithfully reproduce HDR10 content, such as UHD Blu-ray, in addition to the HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) content adopted in broadcasting, with its high brightness, high contrast, and wide color gamut.
6. Bright, vibrant and dynamic imagery
A 265W ultra-high pressure mercury lamp and a highly efficient optical engine combine to deliver high brightness levels in every new JVC projector — 2,200 lm for the DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000, 1,900 lm for the DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000 and 1,800 lm for the DLA-NX5/DLA-RS1000. Image quality is further improved thanks to the new D-ILA device, which has narrow pixel gap and improved light efficiency to provide a smooth, powerful image.
7. Native Contrast Ratio of 100,000:1 translates to a spectacular Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 1,000,000:1
The new 0.69 inch native 4K D-ILA device and optical engine with wire grid provide a native contrast ratio of 100,000:1 (DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000). In combination with JVC’s Intelligent Lens Aperture, which analyzes the input image and automatically controls the black level, the top models deliver a spectacular dynamic contrast of 1,000,000:1. This high contrast ratio combined with the projectors’ high brightness are what allow the new models to deliver a truly immersive high quality image experience. (For DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000, native 80,000:1, dynamic 800,000:1; DLA-NX5/DLA-RS1000, native 40,000:1, dynamic 400,000:1.)
8. Colorful image with wide color gamut beyond DCI P3 (DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000, DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000)
By adopting a new cinema filter, the DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000 and DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000 achieve a wide color gamut beyond DCI-P3. HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray has adopted a wider color gamut, and with a wide color gamut D-ILA projector it’s possible to reproduce rich colors such as crimson rose, the fresh green of trees, and the natural gradations of sky and sea.
9. Renewed Clear Motion Drive supporting 4K60P (4:4:4) signal
Clear Motion Drive is JVC’s original motion control technology that also supports a 4K60P (4:4:4) signal. The feature has been renewed for the new line to improve moving images more than ever. Together with Motion Enhance, which optimizes the driving of the D-ILA device according to image motion, motion blur is significantly reduced compared to conventional projectors.
- THX 4K DISPLAY (approval pending) guarantees high-quality and high performance for the ultimate reference home theater experience (DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000).
- ISF certification, the image quality standard for all models. It’s possible to perform color calibration by an ISF certified calibrator.
- Installation mode memorizes up to 10 different installation settings, such as lens memory, pixel adjustment, screen mask etc., and stores them as a single preset.
- Auto Calibration Function that optimizes image quality under various installation conditions and also adjusts for the changing color balance in long-term projector usage, etc. (To use the Auto Calibration Function, an optical sensor, exclusive software, PC and LAN cable are required.)
- Screen Adjustment Mode corrects the color balance for each screen’s characteristics.
- Low Latency Mode reduces input lag.
- Optimized circuit configuration halves the time it takes for signal recognition compared to conventional models.